Key Takeaway Points
- Both breathwork & meditation help with focus and concentration, but they go about it in different ways.
- Breathwork uses its direct connection with the nervous system to trigger a calming response.
- Breathwork is great for a fast calming response, can be done anytime anywhere, and can be easier to learn.
- Meditation works by activating the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Meditation is useful to build our ability to concentrate and focus over time.
When it comes to finding focus and stillness, there are many paths that one can take. Breathwork and meditation are both practices that can help to improve focus and concentration. But which is better breathwork vs meditation? For some people, meditation can be difficult to maintain focus during. If you find yourself struggling to focus during meditation, breathwork may be a better option for you. Breathwork is a practice that involves controlled breathing, and it has been shown to be effective in reducing stress and anxiety.
On the other hand, meditation can help us to build our ability to focus in the long run, if you can hang in there. Meditation has been proven to help increase our capacity for focus, and also to help us manage stress. It isn’t always easy, but it can have big rewards in the end.
Both techniques help with focus and concentration, but they go about it in different ways. Breathwork helps us to focus by taking advantage of its direct connection to our autonomic nervous system, while meditation helps us to focus by building our brain’s ability to concentrate over time.